Need help getting complete iPad mirroring on Visio smart tv

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
team I'd advised my gma if she would get a chrome cast, she wouldn't have to stare at iPad all day for eye stress and she could do her full mirroring on large tv but I'm disappointed

It doesn't play not one single app game she has on the tv it's only the apps that chrome cast offers. She can't do typical web page reading, etc

Need to ask you techies

I want literally 100% of anything on her iPad to cast to tv, every app and action, a real mirror. Do we need to buy the iPad specific items to do this after sending chrome cast back? Prefer wireless, I'm seeing some direct tv cable options from iPad online but they are hard connects and again we already bought something I thought would be a real mirror, how to

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow most mirroring is based on the app itself. Streaming from a device is mostly a video music and images. The whole screen would take a cable even the cables only due video. I have one and hook it to the tv to play video in the past.
The new Apple TV. Platform will have optimized apps for the tv screen. The chrome cast device is just a streaming stick. That is between your tv and the streaming video servers.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the iPad? The original iPads do not support display mirroring. The newer ones do but you need the correct dongle to plug into it. It will be a Lightning to HDMI with a Lightning outlet next to the HDMI. You will need to power the iPad for it to work.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those. [emoji3] He wants the whole UI on the screen. Not just app output.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave that is a neat call, it's true is old edition the wide blade input one not like mine where it's lighting good call on release version, at least we aren't buying stuff as a guess now. Might have to upgrade it better edition

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those. [emoji3] He wants the whole UI on the screen. Not just app output.

I know that. That's why I asked about which model of iPad it was. The only thing the original iPad could do is output what an app designed to use external video tells it to. An example would be running the iPad version of Keynote to do a presentation. The full screen slides would be output to external video and presenter view would be on the iPad screen. There is no way to get the iPad original to mirror its display. They implemented the ability to do that with the second generation iPad, but you need the Lightning connector that allows the iPad to receive power as well.

Squid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All iPhones/iPods/iPads can mirror, does not matter the age. However, you either need an Apple TV or a jail broken device with the correct wires and app installed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back