Need help getting started, advice on my plan needed

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that budget you could get a 40breeder, maybe build your own stand and canopy. That’s what I did. I have a 40b with a cpr hob refugium/skimmer. 2 jebao rw4 (all used equipment except tank) My budget was way lower. Maybe look into an all in one unit. Good luck

OP
OP
F

ferndog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be pretty cool, I'm still open to all kinds of options. Btw any all in ones you especially like?

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 660's will work fine. Some reviewers were using the 1050 in 90 and 125 gal tanks. Don't buy the kit if you are getting the light/loop/hubs. Buy just the pumps. Pro version includes 2 lights so depends on what you want to have in corals in your tank. Here is what I got off the current site for their par expectations. This link compares the different marine lights

https://current-usa.com/differences-orbit-marine-led-orbit-marine-ic-orbit-marine-ic-pro/
Good luck with your selections!.
orbit-marine-chart.png

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok more flow is always an option, that was the one thing I was a bit unsure about! I might actually just go with one of the hydor koralia third generations 1950 gph like you mentioned. They seem to have really good reviews, and I like the design. Though would one strong powerhead or two less strong ones at about 950 gph be better?

One dead center in the back of the tank with the wide flow head that comes with it would be plenty.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.8%
Back