Need help ID anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter AHJZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AHJZ

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
6
Location
TORONTO
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

I bought this anemone as black widow anemone. And it was really dark red and black when not fully open. But today I saw some green near the oral disc. The black oral disc and white line looks like black widow…

Here are some pics I took with a 15k filter which is exactly what I see from my eyes, anemone experts please help:

IMG_7408.jpeg IMG_7409.jpeg IMG_7410.jpeg
 
At first glance I’m thinking csb how much was it?
 
That’s a pretty good price that’s around what $60 USD
 
could you guys help me with IDing my anemone? My wife bought this from a guy who says it’s a black widow but under blues it’s very orange and somewhat gold and the bottom portion of its tentacles are starting to look green so I’m not sure if it really is a black widow
 

Attachments

  • C5DFB3E1-D9DE-47CB-BEF9-6FE03160AA24.png
    C5DFB3E1-D9DE-47CB-BEF9-6FE03160AA24.png
    613 KB · Views: 43
  • 17761163-C5E4-4F62-A302-5B6EE4BEAC3E.png
    17761163-C5E4-4F62-A302-5B6EE4BEAC3E.png
    771 KB · Views: 42

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new