Need help identifing magical water tree

WasabiSaint

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
91
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came with my live rock and I wasn't prepared for it and I don't really know exactly what it is. It doesnt seem to like Kent MicroVert or mysis shrimp but seems to love raw shrimp from the grocery store. I'd like to know what it is and how to take care of it.
20190630_182440.jpg
 
I might be wrong but the picture look like dead coral skeleton that is overtaken by aiptasia. If thats the case take it out of your system
 
You got that in a shipment of live rock? Thats awesome!
It's from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I highly recommend them they're rock is amazing and they threw in some extras. I ordered 'The Package' and wasnt disappointed :)
 
Winner!

I believe you have Oculina robusta

Very common on our rock....alone with other types of live corals!

https://www.tbsaltwater.com/thepackage/organisms.html

@liverock

Richard,
As a subsea engineer on a Transocean drilling rig, I bought The Package in the early 90’s. You were fishing in a tournament out of Biloxi, Mississippi and our drilling rig was in the middle of Tuna feeding grounds in deep blue water. During the three day tournament a boat full of bikini models circled the rig. That’s how we knew we were in sight of each other as we talked using Marisat satellite at $10/minute.

I did not know you were still active. Do you harvest sponges & nps gorgonians?
Patrick Castille
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new