Need help identifying possible skimmer drain

Fresh2Salt95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an IceCap K3-250 HOB skimmer. I have struggled to get this thing to work for months. And the reason why, is I have had to take out the collection cup and turn off or down the skimmer to empty it every time, and this upsets the air/water ratio. Anyways, it takes forever to tune again, if it ends up playing nice.

So I see this thing on the side of the collection cup, which I think is a drain. But I can't figure out how it works. It does say 3/8 on it, but I've tried loosening it and nothing happens. Nothing come out. The manual says nothing about this. If I can just drain the collection cup, I can keep my skimmer running 24/7.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how do I get this drain to work?

20220619_153547.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have an IceCap K3-250 HOB skimmer. I have struggled to get this thing to work for months. And the reason why, is I have had to take out the collection cup and turn off or down the skimmer to empty it every time, and this upsets the air/water ratio. Anyways, it takes forever to tune again, if it ends up playing nice.

So I see this thing on the side of the collection cup, which I think is a drain. But I can't figure out how it works. It does say 3/8 on it, but I've tried loosening it and nothing happens. Nothing come out. The manual says nothing about this. If I can just drain the collection cup, I can keep my skimmer running 24/7.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, how do I get this drain to work?

20220619_153547.jpg
That's actually a "quick connect" fitting for tubing. I can't tell completely but it looks like that might be a plug that you would remove/replace with a fitting made for tubing to drain off the skimmer. You would probably want a valve on the end so you could open/close whenever draining is required.

Back