Need help identifying these hitchhikers

Transparent24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly new tank. I just bought my first corals and I used a coral dip before putting them in my tank. It removed most hitchhikers (I think) but there a few large ones that I can see and I am wondering if anyone can identify them and let me know if I should keep them or remove them. One of them looks like a potato bug.

Also, any ideas on the green algae that I have? I turned off aquarium light for a week and it stayed. It doesn’t come off (even by scrubbing). I am thinking it’s coralline?


Please let me know if I am leaving any important information.
2839E0E9-EE41-411E-931C-4743E7A764DA.jpeg
E42D05B5-3E3F-4A15-BF11-30D4D368E8CC.jpeg
 
First looks like a small Turbo sp. snail, the second like a Chiton sp. Both good CUC.
 
First looks like a small Turbo sp. snail, the second like a Chiton sp. Both good CUC.
Definitely what it is, thanks.

Anybody have ideas about the green stuff on my rock and substrate? I feel like there is very little green hair algae growing on the green substrate only
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new