Need help maroon clowns.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi currently i rebuild my 90g rimless tank and buy 2 young maroon clown fish first couple days they look ok and swim here and there in tank right now last 3 days they stay always in back of the tank and don't swim nowhere ales only in the back du you think i have problem vith flow in me tank or something different oll me parameters are fine no agrasive fish in the tank 1 chromy and 1 sand siffting goby .I use 1 mp40 in reffcrest mode and 1 koraila 500 gph plus return from sump .

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if they are eating they should be just fine, just give them some time. Sometimes clowns just pick a spot they like and stay near it, like hosting an anemone. If they aren't eating or otherwise look unhealthy then it could be a bigger issue.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about anything right now. Just give them time and monitor them. Keep feeding well and keep water parameters spot on.

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an anemone in the tank? They are the natural clownfish that always has a nem in the wild. My maroons will not stay away from their nem for long at all.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back