NEED HELP on my Torches please :(

Ignacio0607

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spent a lote of money over the last 3 months on these and some extended some aren’t any advice :(

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches are fickle corals, some of the most so in my experience...

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see the video on my iPhone either. Post a few pics...

I run a euphyllia heavy tank lots of torches. I’ve had the most success with Indo vs. the harder to keep Aussies. The obvious things to look at are your water parameters, flow and lighting. Most indo torches do well in moderate to low flow, for Aussies it’s hit and miss some like heavy flow and others moderate. In truth it’s still a mystery at least to me on what stable parameters look like for Aussie torches.

I’ve had moderate success nursing torches back to health (not opening, lack of tentacle extension, etc.) by feeding aminos, spiralina and surprisingly RS ab+.

Just post a few photos of what’s happening... sometimes they close for a bit because of growth/splitting.

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see the video on my iPhone either. Post a few pics...

I run a euphyllia heavy tank lots of torches. I’ve had the most success with Indo vs. the harder to keep Aussies. The obvious things to look at are your water parameters, flow and lighting. Most indo torches do well in moderate to low flow, for Aussies it’s hit and miss some like heavy flow and others moderate. In truth it’s still a mystery at least to me on what stable parameters look like for Aussie torches.

I’ve had moderate success nursing torches back to health (not opening, lack of tentacle extension, etc.) by feeding aminos, spiralina and surprisingly RS ab+.

Just post a few photos of what’s happening... sometimes they close for a bit because of growth/splitting.

Why does RS AB+ surprisingly work? I’ve been considering it. Did you not expect it to work or are torches not suppose to like it as much?

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB plus works! Both of my torches where 1 head last year I dose it daily and not only LPS but SPS seem to love it. And algae does not seem to be a fan of it which is even better. Here are some before and after shots. My Goni’s have really taken off with this stuff too and we all know how picky they are

8649CC4B-C160-4C94-9ACF-D2167C54F9DE.png D68A5847-9672-473E-ACB0-2CE64E98E8DC.jpeg 42980C5E-77E7-4E35-84F0-B39F1831F42C.jpeg 7DF5E56D-42FD-48B8-99E7-0399E7A3ABFA.png

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does RS AB+ surprisingly work? I’ve been considering it. Did you not expect it to work or are torches not suppose to like it as much?

I just didn’t expect the torches to respond to it as they had from a recovery perspective. It makes sense as feeding tool, but not so much as a recovery tool.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back