Need help picking an new tank

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have successfully maintained a 75 gallon reef aquarium and I have save about 6 grand and I want to get something big I’m thinking like 200+. Gallons any ideas on who is a good supplier or what tanks systems are best
Oh and I want it to be all in one
I’m all ears

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also realize that there is a lot of weight involved with a tank that size. You'll need to determine whether your flooring will take the weight without modification.

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

solid deal on a good tank and take 3k and put it into lights, skimmer, gyres and controller

just my 2 cents

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox fan here. The 190.5 gets you close to 200g and leaves a good chunk of change still for equipment if the 6k is all inclusive. If you are looking for tank only with that budget, then the Infinia 230.6 will get you the volume and still have some funds left over. Good thing is you're in FL so you can get WB to deliver or go through a local retailer. Some travel like WWC so you can order through them, then rack up the rewards for coral shopping later.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have successfully maintained a 75 gallon reef aquarium and I have save about 6 grand and I want to get something big I’m thinking like 200+. Gallons any ideas on who is a good supplier or what tanks systems are best
Oh and I want it to be all in one
I’m all ears
Glass cages for the win.
1000010425.jpg

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "all in one"?
An all-in-one tank is one that has equipment chambers in the display tank, usually behind a wall of some type - think a Biocube or an IM20. So if it's a 200g tank, 30-50 gallons of the tank would be given over to the equipment.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An all-in-one tank is one that has equipment chambers in the display tank, usually behind a wall of some type - think a Biocube or an IM20. So if it's a 200g tank, 30-50 gallons of the tank would be given over to the equipment.
That's what I think of when I hear "all in one."

That seems like a very niche thing to find for a 200+ gallon aquarium. A large tank with chambers in the back, and no overflow or sump, is an odd choice. A custom tank is likely needed. That's why I asked.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%

Back