Need help! Possibly dying coral!

BrokenMarrow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went on vacation for 4 days and I left the AC on at my apartment. I went to my car ready to go, and my fiance went back inside to grab something. Not thinking, she turned it off and we had a heat wave. When I got home, I checked on the aquarium and it was sitting at 90 degrees... the fish lived, but my coral is mostly shriveled up a bit. I notice some still "bloom" a little, but not nearly as much as they have. Is there something I can do to help them or is it something I need to wait out? Nothing looks completely dead. But I'm afraid that if I don't do something, they will die. Any help would be much appreciated.
 
Sorry to hear about this.
I would start by bringing the temps back down 1-2 degrees a day until you get back to your normal temp. Don't try to bring it back down all in one day as you might run into issues.
 
Just drop it back down to temp slowly and cross your fingers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new