Need help! Vario S skimmer controller flashing red lights

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing a water change and turned off skimmer using the power button on the controller like I usually do(RO 200 INT elite with Vario S pump and controller) and now it will not come back on. When I push the power button on the skimmer controller it will light up with blue lights like usual and within a couple seconds the 60min and 30 min starts flashings red and skimmer will not turn on again. What is wrong? is it the pump, contoller?
Thanks

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The First thing I believe I would do is make sure the skimmer pump is clean and free of debris. It sounds like the controller could be alerting you to a jammed up pump. Make sure to clean the volute and impeller. Once you've done that my next course of action would be to physically unplug the skimmer and plug it back in. If the error continues then this is where you should go. :)

You can head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. Likewise, you can email us directly at [email protected]. one of the reps will be able to help you efficiently. :)

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The First thing I believe I would do is make sure the skimmer pump is clean and free of debris. It sounds like the controller could be alerting you to a jammed up pump. Make sure to clean the volute and impeller. Once you've done that my next course of action would be to physically unplug the skimmer and plug it back in. If the error continues then this is where you should go. :)

You can head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. Likewise, you can email us directly at [email protected]. one of the reps will be able to help you efficiently. :)
Thanks for the reply. Yeah It has been a few months since I cleaned the pump. Having some health issues preventing me from my normal maintenance. Find out next week if I need surgery on my shoulder. Sounds like I better take more ibuprofen and push through the pain and get it cleaned asap.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. Yeah It has been a few months since I cleaned the pump. Having some health issues preventing me from my normal maintenance. Find out next week if I need surgery on my shoulder. Sounds like I better take more ibuprofen and push through the pain and get it cleaned asap.
Sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon! Maybe have a Reefer friend give you a hand?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back