Need help with ai aquaillumination rail

Edgar Verdy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of putting together a peninsula style 8ft long tank and I'm looking to purchase hydra 52 hd lights. I need a rail system that can cover the tank. I believe AI double arm HMS rail system only goes up to 72". I can't do the hanging kit since I have 20 ft. ceiling. Any ideas on how I can get it done? Thank you
 
Hi and Welcome to R2R.

MarineDepot used to have the rail kits for the AI's.
 
Once you cross 6' it is hard to find anything that covers it easily. I am the process of laying out my build for a 265gal that is 7' long and pretty much have come to the following:

If you want to use the rail you could use the hanging kit coming from decorative brackets on the wall rather than the ceiling.

Or.... hang the rail from a canopy, whether fixed or floating. (I am looking at building a floating canopy)

Another option would be to use the mounting arms instead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new