Need Help With AI Prime Settings

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm having a little trouble getting my 2 Prime HDs set up the way I would prefer. I haven't had much time since I bought the lights. Super busy at work with no end in sight. I've imported a few schedules but the hours aren't what I'd like. I would like the blues, etc to come on around 8am, ramp up until about noon. At this point I would like the cool whites to come on (about 30%) until about 6pm, at which point I would want to kill the cool whites and have the blues, etc ramp down until about 9 or 10 at which point I would want the moon lights on for the night, very dim, maybe around 3. But I would like the main motief of the mornings and evening to be blue. Is this doable? Does anyone have a similar schedule they could send my way? I am interested in mainly keeping lps...I am keeping lps. Thanks

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

rudysmallfry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. All the presets you can download don't even turn the lights on until 11:00 or later. I copied the settings from the first preset in the signature settings and then used them on the easy setup mode. (only takes about 10 minutes) Just set your on/off times, put the sliders up to the settings you like except for the white. Save that and then drag the slider back to the time you want the whites to come up. Hit the + button and drag just the white slider up to where you want it and hit the check mark up top to save it. Drag the slider again to where you want the whites back down, hit + and bring them back down and save. It's basic, but should give you roughly what you're looking for.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks so much! Good info, I'll give it a try. I put a kessil a80 between the primes and was surprised at how easy i figured out the setup on the kessil controller, similar concept to the ai app. I have somewhat adjusted to the imported light schedule I've been using. I do want to tweak it somewhat though so I really appreciate that info!

rudysmallfry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found an AI prime/hydra group on FB. Tons of presets people have provided along with how to tweak existing schedules. Lots of good info.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back