Need help with calcium

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the tropic marin reef pro salt and I got my calcium and magnesium little to high I mixed the salt high so I can get salinity to go up. Is there a way to lower calcium and not affect alkalinity. My current parameters are calcium 550 alkalinity 9.5 and magnesium almost 1700. I noticed today my purple stylo is closed up at base.

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the tropic marin reef pro salt and I got my calcium and magnesium little to high I mixed the salt high so I can get salinity to go up. Is there a way to lower calcium and not affect alkalinity. My current parameters are calcium 550 alkalinity 9.5 and magnesium almost 1700. I noticed today my purple stylo is closed up at base.
Just do a water change with rodi

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wont that kill everything and really lower my salinity
Whats your parameters
Wont that kill everything and really lower my salinity
I just read your post again I've had my Cal that high I've didn't do any thing I just let it ride but the mag is high dho just keep and eye on it test again tomorrow maybe it will be lower

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll ride it out and test tomorrow
I had my mag going to 1680 ppm and I just let it be in my tank I had this tank for like a for a year and 9 months and I've been in that hobby for 3 years. how many time do you test your reef and keep your parameters on check. Cause I don't chase numbers I just try to keep them in a certain range lol

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been using that salt tropic Marin. I've use only instant ocean purple bucket

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only my 2nd water change with it
Oh how big is you tank . I had a problem with rpm my coral was bleaching out with in my 6 water change so I stop and use the same salt witch is I/o I figure out that once you start a tank with a salt mix stick with it cause when you want to change salts bad things happen for a reason lol

OP
OP
brownjoshua475

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my mag going to 1680 ppm and I just let it be in my tank I had this tank for like a for a year and 9 months and I've been in that hobby for 3 years. how many time do you test your reef and keep your parameters on check. Cause I don't chase numbers I just try to keep them in a certain range lol
I been testing once a week but if I see something wrong with one of my corals I do a spot check to make sure everything is good and wonder why they are closed up

OP
OP
brownjoshua475

brownjoshua475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh how big is you tank . I had a problem with rpm my coral was bleaching out with in my 6 water change so I stop and use the same salt witch is I/o I figure out that once you start a tank with a salt mix stick with it cause when you want to change salts bad things happen for a reason lol
It's only a 32 gallon biocube

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the future it’s best to raise tank salinity is to just put saltwater in your auto topoff and test tank salinity often until it is spot on

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back