Need help with ID. Looks like stratospheres

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a nice colony of these guys and from what Ive seen and what another has told me is these are stratospheres. Wondering if anyone can confirm this as well Screenshot_20190211-170547_Gallery.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like them. They should have pink lashes. The pic seems purple. And the green should be slightly more yellow. They’ve got the black center. But photographing corals is really hard. Anyway I’m 90% sure those are strats. Nice. Those can go for some $$.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very frustrating at times;Hilarious
I have some baby zoas on a frag and have no idea what they are. Too tiny to photograph and ID. I recently found some closed up polyps decided to open on a LR and found out they’re zoas. They hitchhiked in. Also too tiny to ID. IDing any other type of LPS is much easier. So I kinda gave up.

OP
OP
Mjrjj23

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took another picture today and it seems to be unbelievably close to stratospheres. The lashes are definitly pink (same color as my pink zippers). The only thing holding me back from being 100% certain is my yellow does seem to have a touch of a green hue. Everything else seems to be on the money
I don't no if the same lighting that is darkening the lashes to give them a purplish hue is the same reason the yellow has a tint of green 20190213_124113.jpg

OP
OP
Mjrjj23

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope Im right. If so Im sitting on a house down payment since I have a colony of 70 polyps lol

OP
OP
Mjrjj23

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with that idea,,sad the hobby is coming to this ,,$$$$
Obvious sarcasm. I've had that colony for probably 2 years. If $$$ was my concern I wouldnt have a huge rock with 70 polyps of a coral that goes for several hundred.... But there is a difference between a rock with 500$ polyps on it or 20$ polyps on it

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I don't think they look like Stratopshere zoas at all...below is a good pic of what strats look like. I think if you sold these as strats for anywhere close to the strat price a lot of people would be pretty upset, including me haha

th

Note: Pic is not mine, was taken from Google search.

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe post to a FB group called Zoa Fanatics. There are tons of die hard zoa enthusiast on there and a lot of people that have been in the game for a long time. Could get more opinions there.

OP
OP
Mjrjj23

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I don't think they look like Stratopshere zoas at all...below is a good pic of what strats look like. I think if you sold these as strats for anywhere close to the strat price a lot of people would be pretty upset, including me haha

th

Exactly what Im trying to avoid and would never do.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

th

Agreed. Definitely not strats.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took another picture today and it seems to be unbelievably close to stratospheres. The lashes are definitly pink (same color as my pink zippers). The only thing holding me back from being 100% certain is my yellow does seem to have a touch of a green hue. Everything else seems to be on the money
I don't no if the same lighting that is darkening the lashes to give them a purplish hue is the same reason the yellow has a tint of green 20190213_124113.jpg
Seeing this pic I'd say not stratosphere. Very cool nonetheless. I can't find an ID

OP
OP
Mjrjj23

Mjrjj23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we cant ID them can I name them some random name and charge like a stratosphere . Every other vendor does lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back