Need Help With My Powder Blue

Greg Curiale

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannot get my recently aquired beauty to feed on any of my many frozen foods, pellets or seaweed strips. After 4 days just grazes on my live rock. Afraid I may loose it. Any help from my fellow reefers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Grego
 
Live brine works well for stubborn acanthurus tangs, as do blackworms sometimes but in that order. I find that acanthurus tangs also cannot say no to red nori rubber handed to a rock if they're even remotely healthy.

To stimulate feeding, soak foods in selcon and garlic guard (frozen foods).
 
Live brine works well for stubborn acanthurus tangs, as do blackworms sometimes but in that order. I find that acanthurus tangs also cannot say no to red nori rubber handed to a rock if they're even remotely healthy.

To stimulate feeding, soak foods in selcon and garlic guard (frozen foods).
Thanks... Not taking red nori but I had it on a clip. Will try live brine. Appreciate your help
 
Sometimes having internal parasites can cause pbt to refuse food. Have you dewormed?
 
Thanks... Not taking red nori but I had it on a clip. Will try live brine. Appreciate your help
No problem. Any meds in the water?

Also don't underestimate how much more effective rubber banding nori to rock can be -- it mimics their natural feeding and if he's already picking at rocks this will may well work on the nori front. :)
 
No problem. Any meds in the water?

Also don't underestimate how much more effective rubber banding nori to rock can be -- it mimics their natural feeding and if he's already picking at rocks this will may well work on the nori front. :)
No meds in water however I did not realize how much sense the nori to a rock makes. Thank You Grego
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new