Need help with new Doser 2.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm in need of help getting my new Doser 2.1 to stay connected to wi-fi. I set it up last night following the instructions, but the unit will disconnect from the wi-fi within a minute or so. I can immediately reconnect by using the usb and reinputting the wi-fi connection info. With my phone, it disconnects after a couple minutes, but will immediately reconnect, then disconnect after a couple minutes. Anybody know what's happening? I don't think it's my wi-fi because my reeflink functions flawlessly every time and stays connected as long as I want it to.

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it's the doser itself or the phone app / MyGHL cloud server.
I too struggled to set up the doser because the app kept disconnecting from the doser. After a few tries I finally got it all set up and saved.
I didn't fret about it too much because a doser is pretty much set it and forget it type of thing unless I need to change the dosage.

I wasn't too happy to find that the software is so clunky after spending ~$400 on a doser.
Hardware wise, it seems like a fantastic piece of equipment.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm in need of help getting my new Doser 2.1 to stay connected to wi-fi. I set it up last night following the instructions, but the unit will disconnect from the wi-fi within a minute or so. I can immediately reconnect by using the usb and reinputting the wi-fi connection info. With my phone, it disconnects after a couple minutes, but will immediately reconnect, then disconnect after a couple minutes. Anybody know what's happening? I don't think it's my wi-fi because my reeflink functions flawlessly every time and stays connected as long as I want it to.

This hasn't been an issue for me with the Profilux, but apparently has been with multiple guys using the doser 2.1 to connect. GHL just released a new update on GCC (1.1.1.3) that is supposed to address this issue. What version of GCC are you using?

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?13406-GHL-Control-Center-1-1-1-3

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually uninstalled and reinstalled several times last night, each time going to the next older one thinking maybe the firmware in the doser may be older. I forgot to mention that I tried to update firmware with the usb connection and kept getting error messages that would close the app and lose all saved data. Anyway, I started with the GCC from March 2018. Didn't try the 'beta' version.

The February 27 2018 was the first version I tried. Didn't try the March 2018 Beta version.

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just downloaded the beta version, connected and so far it is still connected. Hope this works.

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had so many issues connecting to my 2.1. I finally put a WiFi extender right next to the unit and I still get disconnected or I can’t connect at all.

Very frustrating system for the price.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been rock solid, you have to set it up on a static IP. My ReefLink on the other hand... Yikes.

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What seems to have fixed my issues was to download the beta version of the GCC. Since then I can connect anytime I want to, and I disconnect it.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve messed with mine for over two years across three different homes/apartments and router setups and have never been able to keep WiFi connection through the app for more than a few days without have to plug in and re-setup the wireless. Usually it was just a matter of plugging in and re-setting up the wireless connection, but since I have moved into my new home I have not been able to make it work even briefly. Pretty disappointing. The doser is great in terms of consistent and accurate dosages, but one of the big selling points for me was access via my phone, which has never really worked. I’ve just resorted to accepting it as it is and have permanently installed the usb cable and have a Microsoft Surface nearby for easy plugin.

kz4q66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Spartanman22,
I feel you pain. Same here. I gave up on wi-fi connection long time ago.
I use USB when need to make major change and myGHL.com for small change.
But GCC v1.1.1.3 seems to fix the problem. Give it a try.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back