Need help!

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone my waterbox marine 110s sump is currently a refugium. I want to add my nyos again also. I was wondering if this could work to separate the skimmer and refugium? I don’t know if that material iss reef safe and non toxic?

thank you!

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would be worried about the adhesive on the EPDM rubber.
That’s a good point. Thank you! I am honestly just leaning to buy the ruby 30 sump I would lose my ATO but I’m don’t care to much about that. Do you think that would be the easiest solution?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good point. Thank you! I am honestly just leaning to buy the ruby 30 sump I would lose my ATO but I’m don’t care to much about that. Do you think that would be the easiest solution?
Easiest would be to buy a piece of Lifeguard Aquamesh. Cut it a little big and wedge it into place. Done. You can pull it out if you decide to go back later.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much I’ll give that a shot! This should still stop pods from being sucked up correct? And would it get clogged super easily probably not right?
Get the black extra coarse version and it won't clog up. Some pods will get through but they will be fine. Those pods need a ride up the the display to feed your fish anyway.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people run both. You wouldn't be here trying to talk yourself into a new Ruby Trigger sump if you didn't want to... Right? Save the money now, try it out with a quick baffle and see how you like it in a few months. If you don't like it, you are only out around $30. Not $500.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay perfect! So I should do skimmer refugium
Haha you mean order? Skimmer then fuge would save more pods. But some people want the stuff the skimmer pulls out to feed their refugium. It's your call. Try both.

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lots of people run both. You wouldn't be here trying to talk yourself into a new Ruby Trigger sump if you didn't want to... Right? Save the money now, try it out with a quick baffle and see how you like it in a few months. If you don't like it, you are only out around $30. Not $500.
Haha that’s a good point I think my wife would be happier with the 30 dollar option. Thank you so much for your help! I am going to test my nitrates today to see if they have gone up. I have had zero that’s why it’s been off for 6 months. I will let you know how it is working!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back