Need ID of new Livestock

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just picked up a JBJ 28 cube with 10+ year old livestock, and I have no idea what these guys are, but it's amazing!!
Everything is in a temporary 29g tank. There's a bunch of anenomes, I think RBTA? But like I said, I am quite ignorant about these. I also have a few starfish. I did manage to snap a pic when one was on the glass. I realize I have bubble algae and that is being eradicated. There is some polyps, the brown ones, Im hoping to be a type of coral, but I'm thinking it might be Majano Anenome. If it is, do I need it removed.
There is a fish in there. He's a lawnmower blenny that hitchhiked his way in via a rock. So I put some sand on half the tank.
Any help is appreciated. Criticizing is all good to. As long as I learn more, it's all good.

David

20171019_174204.jpg

20171019_173650.jpg

20171019_173807.jpg

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palys, micro brittle serpent and majano anemones. Get rid of the majano's before they spread, you don't want them;)

OP
OP
H

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Thanks!
Is lemon juice in a syringe better than physically removing them by hand? I can get the rocks out without any problems.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Thanks!
Is lemon juice in a syringe better than physically removing them by hand? I can get the rocks out without any problems.
If you can take the rock out and scrub it and let it dry to get rid of the anemones. If you don't want to dry I out, scrub and hit with H2O2.

OP
OP
H

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the ones with the green mouths in last picture are the Majano? What about the one on the very tip of that rock, with the pink tips? Is that one also Majano? They're beautiful.

Z-man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the ones with the green mouths in last picture are the Majano? What about the one on the very tip of that rock, with the pink tips? Is that one also Majano? They're beautiful.

Yup! The mushrooms look very nice, but all those anemones are bad. And a bit more difficult to get rid of.

OP
OP
H

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read briefly on those brown trumpet/button polyps. Recommended as a good coral for beginners, but also secrete one the the most potent poisons known to science?! whoa...
Is this with All zoanthid corals? The person I picked up the tank from said a friend handled the brown trumpet polyps and almost passed out.

OP
OP
H

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! The mushrooms look very nice, but all those anemones are bad. And a bit more difficult to get rid of.
Maybe a better choice of action is to remove the mushrooms and the kenya tree and place them in my display tank? Then just let all these guys do what they want in this "temporary" tank?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back