Need ideas for new coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter csabino1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Another vote from me for a euphyllia. Heliofungias are nice too. I would also consider a big colony of caulestra :)
 
And it's doing good? Holding it color and everything
 
Yes been doing great surprised how fast it was growing and silverside 2 times a week really made it flourish, but it recently it just spilt
 
I've been told I gotta wait 6 months and it's been killing me since my plan for my biocube is a anemone and clownfish tank but mine has been running over 2 months and I might go get one
 
Ohh yea I've heard those theories all the time. I actually got that anemone to test the theory. I put it in after a month of the tank and it's been doing amazing
 
I've been told I gotta wait 6 months and it's been killing me since my plan for my biocube is a anemone and clownfish tank but mine has been running over 2 months and I might go get one

They recommend waiting about a year or so before adding anemones, but I believe that's a rule of thumb for how much experience the hobbiest should have, not how established the tank is. After all it's possibly keep stable parameters on a new tank.
If you feel comfortable enough with your experience and knowledge to add one, go for it :)
 
We'll thank you I've had one in my old tank for awhile until my gf bumped the tank and cracked the bottom.. I will go get one and try it. Really want a nice size bta but it's hard to find where I live so thinking about a small lta
 
Go look on vividaquariums.com they have great prices and great quality
 
I've never ordered one off line but I might give it a shot I like to see what they look like
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new