Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic, fish see tablet and run,,,,

I have not seen these in years and want to add another clown, maybe try my hand at breeding (but probably not)
…anyway what do you think would work?
Tomato? Fire? Cinnamon?

Also I’m a semi purist so sorta on the fence with the whole hybridization thing but domestic clowns are what they are, and I’ve been waiting a while for Barberi to show up…

BTW she’s hosting a sebae anemone…

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic, fish see tablet and run,,,,

I have not seen these in years and want to add another clown, maybe try my hand at breeding (but probably not)
…anyway what do you think would work?
Tomato? Fire? Cinnamon?

Also I’m a semi purist so sorta on the fence with the whole hybridization thing but domestic clowns are what they are, and I’ve been waiting a while for Barberi to show up…

BTW she’s hosting a sebae anemone…
I always go for opposites or complementary paired clowns. I would pick one thats a lighter color than her to make the colors pop but thats just me. Here are my two for reference on what Im talking about!

Attachments

• IMG_2030.jpeg
    IMG_2030.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always go for opposites or complementary paired clowns. I would pick one thats a lighter color than her to make the colors pop but thats just me. Here are my two for reference on what Im talking about!
I think most of the morphs are ocellaris, (spelling) …and clowns know who’s who regardless of color,
….although I have had perculas pair with them and I think hybrids exist. (I’m not well versed on all the colors, et) …not sure how often this happens or it an outlier…
Also, other species have morphs but I don’t think they bothered with Barberi …wondering if she will pair with a closely related type ?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most of the morphs are ocellaris, (spelling) …and clowns know who’s who regardless of color,
….although I have had perculas pair with them and I think hybrids exist. (I’m not well versed on all the colors, et) …not sure how often this happens or it an outlier…
Also, other species have morphs but I don’t think they bothered with Barberi …wondering if she will pair with a closely related type ?
I would think so, from what I know about clowns keeping them with their own “kind” is best. I would pair with a tomato or others in that same group! I think if you put that with a perc or other clown like that she would not be a happy camper

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back