Need new wave makers for 55 gallon

CallMeLloyd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2022
Messages
192
Reaction score
57
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently using 2 of the Current USA 1,050 GPH wave pumps for my 55 gallon. For some reason the one of the left side of tank keep going out after about 8-12 months, I've had to replace it twice already and started thinking maybe I should just change out my wave makers. Other filtration/water movement I have is a HOB filter & canister filter, not looking to hear about how I should have a sump just letting you know I have other water movement. So what do you guys use and how are they holding up?

Thanks
 
I use vortech MP40s and jebao gyres. If you're ballin on a budget, definitely check out the jebaoes, amazing water movement for the price: https://amzn.to/4aSf8aa
 
Okay I will check them out, for the jebao gyres would I need 1 or 2 for a 55g breeder?
1 would probably work fine, but 2 will allow you to have one on each side for even flow and wave action. up to you, maybe start with one and see how it goes for you? If you don't have lots of SPS corals, you don't need as much flow as most people think.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new