Need Rainbow chalice experts~

  • Thread starter Thread starter kai hen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kai hen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
241
Reaction score
73
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently. I got rainbow chalice in my sps dominated tank. With 2 radion g4 pro and 2 g5blue led T5 hybrid. My problem is par is very high. Even the sand bed is over 150. The first day I got I put it under a rock which is 80 par. It lose some color. I am considering move it to other place instead under rock. Next to my scoly. The scoly is doing well. Please guys help me. I see some peooke said chalice does not like light. So I out it under rock. But some people said I should move it out of shaded area but keep low light.

F8B05531-A480-497A-8CBF-E57572A2E11D.png B9ADE8D4-9490-4156-A500-64ED7E54D770.jpeg FD2835E5-E182-401A-89A8-538BAFE559C6.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4718.MOV
    56.9 MB
Leave it there for a week and gradually add more light. If it's too much turn your brightness down. I honestly dont know why people have so much light. Once all your corals grow in it gets boring looking at the same stuff. Turn your lights down, buy more small frags, and enjoy the slow process they make in the years to come. The only people that need bright lights and dosing are coral farmers. I'm not talking about wanna be fraggers with their 50gal frag tank.
 
Leave it there for a week and gradually add more light. If it's too much turn your brightness down. I honestly dont know why people have so much light. Once all your corals grow in it gets boring looking at the same stuff. Turn your lights down, buy more small frags, and enjoy the slow process they make in the years to come. The only people that need bright lights and dosing are coral farmers. I'm not talking about wanna be fraggers with their 50gal frag tank.
Here is my problem. I can't turn lights down because top of the rock only have 280 par....just wondering is it ok put chalice under rock
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new