Need Rainbow chalice experts~

kai hen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently. I got rainbow chalice in my sps dominated tank. With 2 radion g4 pro and 2 g5blue led T5 hybrid. My problem is par is very high. Even the sand bed is over 150. The first day I got I put it under a rock which is 80 par. It lose some color. I am considering move it to other place instead under rock. Next to my scoly. The scoly is doing well. Please guys help me. I see some peooke said chalice does not like light. So I out it under rock. But some people said I should move it out of shaded area but keep low light.

F8B05531-A480-497A-8CBF-E57572A2E11D.png B9ADE8D4-9490-4156-A500-64ED7E54D770.jpeg FD2835E5-E182-401A-89A8-538BAFE559C6.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4718.MOV
    56.9 MB

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Leave it there for a week and gradually add more light. If it's too much turn your brightness down. I honestly dont know why people have so much light. Once all your corals grow in it gets boring looking at the same stuff. Turn your lights down, buy more small frags, and enjoy the slow process they make in the years to come. The only people that need bright lights and dosing are coral farmers. I'm not talking about wanna be fraggers with their 50gal frag tank.

OP
OP
kai hen

kai hen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it there for a week and gradually add more light. If it's too much turn your brightness down. I honestly dont know why people have so much light. Once all your corals grow in it gets boring looking at the same stuff. Turn your lights down, buy more small frags, and enjoy the slow process they make in the years to come. The only people that need bright lights and dosing are coral farmers. I'm not talking about wanna be fraggers with their 50gal frag tank.
Here is my problem. I can't turn lights down because top of the rock only have 280 par....just wondering is it ok put chalice under rock

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back