Need some help choosing a dosing pump

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, im looking for a a dosing pump and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I’m looking to dose alkalinity at the moment so I would prefer not getting a huge system. Preferably I’d rather only get something with 1 head around the $100 mark.

Also why are some dosing machines priced so highly? What’s the different between some of them? Thanks in advance

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the Jebao MD-4.4 and love it! I know you only have one thing to dose right now, but this one is cheap and it would let you grow into it. Plenty of single and dual doses out there for around the same price. The only negative is that you have to order it off Aliexpress, but I did get mine from the "Jebao Official Store" (i now see they are out of the US plug ones) and received it really quickly.

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your advice and it’s definitely cheap for the amount of heads it has. How the accuracy on it? And how long have you had it for?

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your advice and it’s definitely cheap for the amount of heads it has. How the accuracy on it? And how long have you had it for?
I have had it now for about 8 months, and you calibrate it so its pretty accurate. It can be programmed to the ml. with upto 20 (I think) separate doses on each head

Last edited:

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some dosers are more expensive because they have programmable scheduling and variable dose rates.

I use a "BRS 2 part doser" which is about as dumb as they get (I use it to dose kalkwasser)

This one doesn't have any programmable anything. It's just on or off with a fixed dosing rate (mine turned out to be 1.6ml per minute) and you control it with an external plug timer of your choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think in my case it best to get a programmable one right? I was thinking about a Versa pump but that really highly priced. Anything similar?

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running the kamoer x1 pro 2 for kalk and so far very satisfied with it. Connected to wifi, App controlled, can daisy chain up to 4 units if needed. Can program your container volume so it could estimate how long your dose will last at the current dosage and alert you if you are running low or out.

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry for the late responses it’s been a crazy week. The kamoer does look like a super solid pick, thanks for the recommendation

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, im looking for a a dosing pump and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I’m looking to dose alkalinity at the moment so I would prefer not getting a huge system. Preferably I’d rather only get something with 1 head around the $100 mark.

Also why are some dosing machines priced so highly? What’s the different between some of them? Thanks in advance
You can get cheap dosing pumps on Amazon for a little as 20 bucks, but check feedback, and all you need is a 5 buck timer, or if you have a controller like Hydros, their two dosing pumps sell for under 75 bucks, one is 2ml/min, and the other is 40ml/min.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use this and could not be happier

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back