need some help finding some pests

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have fallin off of the deep end again with my brainiac ideas..... So I was thinking that with the 300 getting ready for an overhaul, i would introduce some AEFW to it. Now I know that most of you will cringe at the idea but I am thinking about using a Levamisole in tank treatment. Why you ask well I am ready to tear down the 300 after the AC went out in the house and the tank got to 96 degrees two weeks ago, I have had some serious SPS losses due to the temp swing. The remaining few are just some no names that are all brown and have had some STN due to the temp swing but are alive.

What I was thinking was to bring in one or two colony's with known AEFW and do a 4 week Levamisole treatment. I went ahead and bought the dewormers to do it now I Just need AEFW.....

What do yall think I have I lost my mind completely???????

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh'' and Mike..I know your on the plane so holler whan you touch down and get in the car so I can figure out what in the ---- your talking about this morning??? I'll have kevin on stand by at south west this week....lol...:xd:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously... I would be worried about residual in the rockwork.... what if you ruin all of your rock in this experiment? did you have a bunch more deadloss since we saw the tank? I hope you didnt lose that red planet.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously... I would be worried about residual in the rockwork.... what if you ruin all of your rock in this experiment? did you have a bunch more deadloss since we saw the tank? I hope you didnt lose that red planet.

No more losses, the 300 will be torn down and rebuilt in August. I wil be running all Leng Sy's Ecosystem and full 152 LED system that i am designing at the moment. I wanted to try to do something that can and surely will help many hobbiest in the future. The red planet, strawberry shortcake, frogskin acro are all fine but will be removed prior to doing any of this.

You are also correct in not putting 400 pounds of Live rock in jeopardy, so I will do this on a stand alone system.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh'' lord...looks like my back will be hurting in August...as long as Dani is making some bomb sandwhiches for lunch than I'm game...

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin is always there at southwest if it is 2nd shift.I know he was on vacation a few weeks ago and William was working exstra but they should be back to normal now.Interesting idea I hope it works out for you.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is back..saw him twice last week...kevins a old school loving 80s hair band guy...he stays at concerts on the weekends....

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we know you have lost your mind but that has nothing to with the exsperiment.I hope it is a sucsess it would be nice if someone came up with a good cure for such a pest.While your at it if you could come with a cure for ich the hobbist world would revear you as a hero.LOL.I hope a previous post i made did not make people think that Mike had any pest of this sort.He is always been very carefull and has always had quality corals.He as many of us puts his heart and soul into doing so.So if anyone thought I was saying he had these pest please do not think so.I had a shipment a long time ago that came with them and after dipping must have missed some eggs.Lucky they were in a small system and only the corals purchased were lost.I would love to find a in tank cure that worked without coral side effect.We wish the best on this journey and keep us to date.
Jason

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me make sure that everyone knows that we means Tammy and myself and no others.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll ship you some stuff when I tear my 120 down to treat if you cover shipping. Shipping may be high if you want a lot of the coral and I end up with as much as I think I will.

Most would be frag sized, but there will likely be a tricolor, that if I don't destroy it getting it out of the tank, that'll be pretty big since it is mostly infested. I'll probably just frag it and keep a clean frag so I don't have to work so hard to get rid of them.

Also, I plan on using Bayer Insecticide to treat (out of tank treatment obviously). Just an FYI.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back