NEED SOME HELP ON GETTING GRIFFIS ANGEL TO EAT

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
ON 5-22-20NI BOUGHT A 6 INCH GRIFFISB ANGEL, THEY AREQUITE EXPENSIVE AS IT REQUIRES A DEEP DIVE, ALTHOUGH IN KNOW TO WAIT A FEW DAYS, BEFORE I BECOME WORRIEDVABOUT NOT EATING. THE FISH DOES SHOW A LITTLE INTEREST INN EATING. BECAUSE OF THE COST OF THE FISH I AM WORRYING.

I AM FEEDING, BRINE SHRIMP, CHOPPED SQUID, FRESH CLAMS, FRESH MUSCLES.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ALL COMMENTS.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Im not sure if its available to you, but supposedly live brine shrimp is good for triggering a reaction.
Masstick has worked for me and a few angles ive had loved it.
Hope it eats eventually for you.

OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Im not sure if its available to you, but supposedly live brine shrimp is good for triggering a reaction.
Masstick has worked for me and a few angles ive had loved it.
Hope it eats eventually for you.
I DIDN'T HAVE TO TRY THE LIVE BRINE SHRIMP, I USED FROZEN, HE SWAM AROUND WATCHING THE OTHERS EAT,HE MUST OF GOT THE SIGN AS HE CHOWED DOWN. I HAVE SOME EASY MASSTIC, I TRIED IT WITH A SIX BAR ANGEL HE REFUSED EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE MASSTIC, NEVER EVEN TOOK A PECK, HE DIED AND WENT TO THE GARBAGE IT WAS A FREE FISH FROM LIVEAQUARIA AS THEY SHIPPED IT BY MISTAKE, HOWEVER NO MATTER HOW CHEAP I ALWAYS HATE TO SEE A FISH DIE.

lion king

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I highly suggest you prophalactically treat for internal parasites. Unless you got him from a source that deworms, they are highly susceptible.

AC1211

View Badges
Reaction score
I DIDN'T HAVE TO TRY THE LIVE BRINE SHRIMP, I USED FROZEN, HE SWAM AROUND WATCHING THE OTHERS EAT,HE MUST OF GOT THE SIGN AS HE CHOWED DOWN. I HAVE SOME EASY MASSTIC, I TRIED IT WITH A SIX BAR ANGEL HE REFUSED EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE MASSTIC, NEVER EVEN TOOK A PECK, HE DIED AND WENT TO THE GARBAGE IT WAS A FREE FISH FROM LIVEAQUARIA AS THEY SHIPPED IT BY MISTAKE, HOWEVER NO MATTER HOW CHEAP I ALWAYS HATE TO SEE A FISH DIE.
Wow I have never had an angel or tang not take masstick I don't know then. Masstick got a "no hope" kole tang back from the brink for me so I don't know.

OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
I highly suggest you prophalactically treat for internal parasites. Unless you got him from a source that deworms, they are highly susceptible.
I PURCHASED FROM DIVERS DEN, I KNOW THEY TREATED, HOWEVER ANGELS ARE SO PRONE TO FLUKES, ITREATED WITH PRAZIPRO WHEN I GOT THE GRIFFIS ANGEL

OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow I have never had an angel or tang not take masstick I don't know then. Masstick got a "no hope" kole tang back from the brink for me so I don't know.
I TRIED HOWEVER, I HEARD SOMETIMES IT TAKES A LITTE TIME FOR THEM TO LEARN TO EAT THE MASSTIC, GUESS HIS TIME JUST RAN OUT.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
I put frozen food in a mesh bag hung from a Nori clip. Angels like to pick on things. Mastick also worked.
This was a Regal, never ate from the water column while in QT.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

lion king

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would treat for internal parasites with general cure and focus bound food on any fish from divers den - they do not, in my experience, deworm close to 100% effectively
Piggy backing on this sentiment, Apolemichthys genus angels are really difficult to clear.

How often do you clean your filter socks?

• Every few days

Votes: 234 25.7%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 144 15.8%
  • Every other week

Votes: 72 7.9%
  • Every month

Votes: 37 4.1%
  • When they look dirty

Votes: 72 7.9%
  • I don't ever clean them

Votes: 11 1.2%