Need some help plumbing 500g tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter c4sxm5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

c4sxm5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my 500g inwall tank finally place and ready for water but can’t figure out how to get it plumb. Actually don’t want to plumb it and mess up/regrets so have been waiting for someone that has plumbed a tank and is knowledgeable before moving forward.

Anyone on here willing to draw/design/sketch the “right” way to plumb this setup?

Not sure if there is more than one way but any input would be helpful.

Back of tank specs:

IMG_0970.jpeg

Stand:
0003.jpeg

Sump:
IMG_1904.jpeg
 
With 5 custom holes outside of your overflows are you trying to do a closed loop system?
Had to look up closed loop to make sure my understanding is correct but I don’t think that’s what I’m doing.

The tank has 4 - 35mm holes so water can be returned back to the tank (1 on each end and 2 in the center). There are an additional 4 - 63mm holes for the 2 16” synergy external overflow boxes.

I’ll be running MP60s for flow
 
Got my 500g inwall tank finally place and ready for water but can’t figure out how to get it plumb. Actually don’t want to plumb it and mess up/regrets so have been waiting for someone that has plumbed a tank and is knowledgeable before moving forward.

Anyone on here willing to draw/design/sketch the “right” way to plumb this setup?

Not sure if there is more than one way but any input would be helpful.

Back of tank specs:

IMG_0970.jpeg

Stand:
0003.jpeg

Sump:
IMG_1904.jpeg
Very similar to mine and you will likely be doing a durso plumbing configuration
 
Sorry yeah I see four now don’t know how I counted 5 but anyways are they towards the top on the back glass or on the bottom
Sorry yeah I see four now don’t know how I counted 5 but anyways are they towards the top on the back glass or on the bottom
2.75” from the top
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new