Need some help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaltCube
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaltCube

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2013
Messages
389
Reaction score
6
Location
SWFL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tomorrow I will be doing a swap with my current tank to a new tank. Same location..
-Remove livestock, drain and break down equipment and swap tfrom old for the new. Same Water with 20% New and Same LR.. But...

....What I'm wondering is should I use the sand I was using? 1" roughly and vacuumed every WC. Should I rinse it? Use New?
Any experience on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-SC
 
Just rinse it well before using, it releases alot of garbage thats locked up in it if you don't.
 
I would take the existing sand out and add to the new tank but leave the last bit (the mucky stuff). I wouldn't rinse it because you may lose the beneficial stuff in it. It's not that old at this point and you've been vacuuming it so that's my suggestion :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new