Need some ideas to stock a tank

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon long currently with one clownfish. I plan to get another clown, a firefish, and watchman goby. I put this into a stocking calculator and I have room for one more fish. What are some suggestions? Also, can I add some invertebrates along with that? A serpent sea star or shrimp?

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inverts usually don't count against your loading within reason.
Maybe an orchid pseudo or royal gramma for another fish ? Both have intense colors . Wish I could remember name of the one lfs had yesterday, had a very light pink color

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh..if ya buy the pseudo or similar make them last in tank . They can be semi aggressive at times. The fire fish is very skittish, ours is anyway..but very colorful. We wanted a purple firefish, but got impatient...the lfs had one week after we bought a red /white one .
20200817_170820.jpg

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hold off on another fish until you find one you like. You can easily add 1 or 2 shrimp to you tank, but most stars need a bigger tank. Most of the smaller ones can breed in the tank and then you'll need a fish to eat them. That is another reason to hold off on another fish. When you do need a fish for a specific reason, starfish or worms or aptasia, you will be happy you still have the room for it.

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would slowly add the fish don't jam the tank full just yet. Add slowly... A pair of cleaner shrimps would be a great addition and would be beneficial for your system. Another fun option is a pistol shrimp with a goby fun to watch!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inverts usually don't count against your loading within reason.
Maybe an orchid pseudo or royal gramma for another fish ? Both have intense colors . Wish I could remember name of the one lfs had yesterday, had a very light pink color
Like a magenta/strawberry dottyback?

If you already plan on buying all those fish, I'd wait until all of the fish have been bought to make sure that they're being cared for properly, and then look around at fish to buy.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve got a lot of threads going on. Reading through all of them you are asking the right questions but your answer is your going to fast. This is a hobby for people who are patient and ocd. Most fail in this hobby due to rushing things.

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve got a lot of threads going on. Reading through all of them you are asking the right questions but your answer is your going to fast. This is a hobby for people who are patient and ocd. Most fail in this hobby due to rushing things.

This is just my plan for the future. I didn't say I was gonna add them right now. Just some ideas chill

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back