need to buy plumbing 1/2" union

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for a specific 1/2" union. I cant seem to find the correct size union as I need to replace this piece. If anyone can help, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Photo Nov 30, 7 15 11 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 30, 7 15 20 PM.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for a specific 1/2" union. I cant seem to find the correct size union as I need to replace this piece. If anyone can help, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Photo Nov 30, 7 15 11 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 30, 7 15 20 PM.jpg

What's it go to?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a barbed union. Never seen one before. Have made them out of a union and a barb fitting.

OP
OP
sabor

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's it go to?

It a 1/2" union. The other side is attached onto the plumbing so I cannot remove it.

I just need the union piece in the picture. I need to remove the barb out as it is glued on. Thats why I am trying to buy a replacement for it. Just need to buy the exact piece minus the barb.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you just need a 1/2 union. You can not buy half of one. The issue you might have is the threads not matching. Or the gasket not matching up with the flat part on the other piece.. I would go to the PO , Lowes or Ace . See if the part you have screws on the 1/2 unions they have.

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you try removing the barb? Different manufacturers have different threads sizes counts designs and even the same manufacturer could have changed their design.

Take a look at this

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find a matching thread fitting, you could use a threaded union half and a screw in barb. Can you read the manufacturer on the union?

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked at your pictures again, looks like the union and the barb are different materials or at least slightly different colors. If that is the case, whoever made it may have used a standard union and glued in a barb fitting.

OP
OP
sabor

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked at your pictures again, looks like the union and the barb are different materials or at least slightly different colors. If that is the case, whoever made it may have used a standard union and glued in a barb fitting.

I tried looking around for the union. It says union 1/2” dn(15) din on the union.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dn(15) means its 1/2".
Since you dont know where it came from it could be Spears or any other manufacture. Sometimes even manufactures change them. This is esp true if its an import.
You could just order one online and hope it has the same threads (which it prob will). Same with the gasket matching the flat on your keeper half.
Its best to go try the ones they have at the hardware store.

ScottBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
sabor

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dn(15) means its 1/2".
Since you dont know where it came from it could be Spears or any other manufacture. Sometimes even manufactures change them. This is esp true if its an import.
You could just order one online and hope it has the same threads (which it prob will). Same with the gasket matching the flat on your keeper half.
Its best to go try the ones they have at the hardware store.

Thanks for all the help. Never knew there were so many different unions. The union came from Skimz manufacturer. I asked them about it, but they have not responded back. I did try the hardware store and none of them matches. I bought a couple online to see if it will work. Fingers crossed!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help. Never knew there were so many different unions. The union came from Skimz manufacturer. I asked them about it, but they have not responded back. I did try the hardware store and none of them matches. I bought a couple online to see if it will work. Fingers crossed!
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dfhj001-replacement-union-for-nm202-skimz.html
Im not sure what skimz product you have but I did find this sort of looks like what you have minus the barb. Maybe give them a call

OP
OP
sabor

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back