OP
OP
Tallison

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you could name him Ted bundy jr! You could start putting nori, or food in there more, and no where else. He will eat once he gets hungry enough. The problem is, it’s a waiting game and most of us don’t have 24 hours to just sit in front of our tank and go, “Okay serial killer, go to your cell now!” As relaxing as it is to watch my tank, I can’t for that long.
His original name was 2pac so I think that might be the issue

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I can see you now, ohhhhhhh you screwy fish, get in the cage so I can make me some fish stew, please Mr.Fish. Of course soon as you look away he comes up to the tank flicks his flippers out, and gives you a bugs bunny kiss. Then goes back eats the food then springs the trap after he eats all the food. Sorry watching bugs bunny right now!

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used an aqua medic trap to catch a White Tailed Bristletooth that was a nightmare in my tank. I put Nori rubber banded to a rock in there and went to get a beer while I waited. While I was in the other room, he had already gone into the trap happily munching away.

Tangs are bold enough that they can be trapped fairly easily.

I have a WTBT also. What was yours doing? Mine is LOADED with character but been very good. My only gripe is he picks up sand and spits it on my Acans.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used the aquamedic trap and have caught tons of fish this way..
I just feed my fish through the whole in it and in a few days when I go to feed the fish swim in....

Lots of tangs this way because of them going rogue on me like yours..

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2903898-5194-4BD1-9030-31B58144095A.jpeg
E0A589DC-F7FD-48B8-9406-5E94A6E0A516.jpeg
What is your plan for the YT. We have a 3 yr old Powder brown tang and he is terrorizing several of my other tangs in a 300gal except dori who is bigger. My yellow tang, blue eyed color and sail fin even stopped eating the other day. Yesterday we sent 1.5 hours with 2 of us, 2 nets and a clear box until we finally caught him. We put him in 20gal quarantine with a sick Scott’s fairy wrasse with a swim bladder problem. The brown didn’t even notice or pay any attention to the fairy. The fairy couldn’t swim for 1 month and we were hand feeding him. He got ick, then fin rot and then swim bladder problem. We treated with furon antibioticx2 doses then when fin rot gone with copper. Ick was not seen but the fairy still couldn’t swim. Well this am we woke up and brown killed our fairy, which had several wounds and couldn’t even defend himself. My husband was heart broken. :( he taught the fairy to sit in his hand and be fed. Was eating good. Now we don’t know what to do with these mean powder brown. We have a fish only system also but it has a 10” Sohal and 3” scopa. Im afraid it would be war in that tank too. Maybe LFS, but don’t want him to be problem in someone else’s tank. :( we are sad. And we’ve had him for 3 years.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Powder blues are the most agressive tangs and the browns and white cheek are not far behind but then I had a kole tang was agressive too all-new fish. Tangs can get mean in small tanks its thier nature. Some times they can be ok.

Last edited:

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blues are the most agressive gangs and the browns and white cheek are not far behind but then I had a kole tang was agressive too all-new fish. Tangs can get mean in small tanks its thier nature. Some times they can be ok.
I know it’s just nature but sad when you try so hard to do the right thing by these little creatures:(

OP
OP
Tallison

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B2903898-5194-4BD1-9030-31B58144095A.jpeg
E0A589DC-F7FD-48B8-9406-5E94A6E0A516.jpeg
What is your plan for the YT. We have a 3 yr old Powder brown tang and he is terrorizing several of my other tangs in a 300gal except dori who is bigger. My yellow tang, blue eyed color and sail fin even stopped eating the other day. Yesterday we sent 1.5 hours with 2 of us, 2 nets and a clear box until we finally caught him. We put him in 20gal quarantine with a sick Scott’s fairy wrasse with a swim bladder problem. The brown didn’t even notice or pay any attention to the fairy. The fairy couldn’t swim for 1 month and we were hand feeding him. He got ick, then fin rot and then swim bladder problem. We treated with furon antibioticx2 doses then when fin rot gone with copper. Ick was not seen but the fairy still couldn’t swim. Well this am we woke up and brown killed our fairy, which had several wounds and couldn’t even defend himself. My husband was heart broken. :( he taught the fairy to sit in his hand and be fed. Was eating good. Now we don’t know what to do with these mean powder brown. We have a fish only system also but it has a 10” Sohal and 3” scopa. Im afraid it would be war in that tank too. Maybe LFS, but don’t want him to be problem in someone else’s tank. :( we are sad. And we’ve had him for 3 years.

I traded him into my local LFS that I trust and they put him in their 300 gallon so it was an upgrade over my system. I felt kind of bad seeing him in the fish trap but he was causing constant stress in my tank

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I traded him into my local LFS that I trust and they put him in their 300 gallon so it was an upgrade over my system. I felt kind of bad seeing him in the fish trap but he was causing constant stress in my tank

It was the right thing to do..

robert teseo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the tank isn't too big. I use the low tide method. drain the tank into holding vats, pick up the fish fro m the bottom and refill. doesn't hurt a thing.

Underthereef101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to get my two spot bristle tooth out because it’s bullying my Blenny. But she keeps swimming behind the rocks. She’s too smart. And I don’t have money for a fish trap

Underthereef101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call around and see if a LFS has a fish trap to rent.mine was $1 a day and it took me only 2 days so it was pretty cheap
That’s a good idea but we have a hold of it now. It shouldn’t take more than a day to sell it. Has a hiding space and rock to graze on.

Evoixjohn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go fishing in your aquarium with a small hook and bait it! Lol worked for me just make sure you get the right fish!

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to give my beautiful powder brown up too. We took out of 300gal reef. Might try him in our 180gal fish only with 10” Sohal and 4” scopa that don’t even notice each other. The powder brown is same size as scopa and he was terrozing my sailfin and yellow tang. Not worried about the huge Sohal, she is queen of her tank not even the angels mess with her but I’m a little worried that the brown with mess with the scopa who is really shy and happy right now. Fish! You can’t even spank them! Lol hope maybe the time out in 20gal tank will calm him down a bit! Thanks for your help.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back