Need to update tank

Geoology

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new sump and need to change it out with the existing tank. How long can I let the main display go if I move my heater to the main tank and just have the power heads moving water?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty much forever, some people run without filtration, it is mostly mechanical anyway and maybe protein skimmer for o2. Carbon can also be run in a media bag in the dt if you are worried. To be safe i would say a full week with heat and water movement but that is playing it really safe for an estimate

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What equipment is currently in your sump, and what do you have for critters in the DT?

If you're relying on reactors or something similar for nutrient export then a day or 2 at most.
If you're only running mechanical filtration/none and only a skimmer for aeration then the heater/s and maybe an air pump in the DT will get you an indefinite timeline.

OP
OP
G

Geoology

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a final update video of the tank. I have a new IM 100 ext that I will be getting a build thread soon. Please take a look it it will be a journey for sure or you can see me pull my hair out because of the aptasia that I am fighting. Either way it will be fun.

Attachments

• 20220427_185559.mp4
    18.5 MB

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back