Need your thoughts

Geesus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Messages
67
Reaction score
99
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my original Red Sea Max-E 170 was smashed in transit & they're backordered, I'm looking to maybe save and buy used.

So ... Is this 125g Marineland corner overflow worth $600?

I know that includes the stand but, I'm not taking that stand.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Gee
Screenshot_20211023-010211.png
Screenshot_20211023-010248.png
 
Considering how much the cost of new tanks has been increasing I assume used ones have increased in value and seems fair to me....assuming water is in it and you can take a look at it that way. If it was sitting dry i would not pay that much for it used.
 
As long as it holds water and the stand is structurally safe, then that’s a good price. I’ve heard nightmares of the same tank with custom stands and breaking. Just be careful with the stand.
 
Since my original Red Sea Max-E 170 was smashed in transit & they're backordered, I'm looking to maybe save and buy used.

So ... Is this 125g Marineland corner overflow worth $600?

I know that includes the stand but, I'm not taking that stand.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Gee
Screenshot_20211023-010211.png
Screenshot_20211023-010248.png
Mine is a Marineland 90 gallon bought at just over 400 bones no overflow 10 years ago, I have nothing but good things to say about their tanks ( this is number 2) , they are basic but well built imo..600 bucks ? Ya. Do it. Leak tested of course ....thats a nice sized tank well built for that price, so long as they didn't chew it up...
 
Thank you all for the responses.

The concerns about the stand's integrity was a high concern as is of course a leak test so, I will put them in my notebook so I don't forget.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new