Needle wheel on Calcium reactor

Yeah... Mine is old. Probably from the 90s. I got it cheap.
 
Yeah... Mine is old. Probably from the 90s. I got it cheap.
Just hook the dosing pump to the effluent side and run it in continuous mode.
Let us know how it turns out.
 
Took it all down. Lol. There was a leak at a connection. Probably fixed it now with just some Teflon. Pump is super loud. Probably a killer on electricity bill. Just gonna buy a new one. Recommendations that don't break the bank?
 
Took it all down. Lol. There was a leak at a connection. Probably fixed it now with just some Teflon. Pump is super loud. Probably a killer on electricity bill. Just gonna buy a new one. Recommendations that don't break the bank?
I use Sicci 3.0 on my reactor. Any pump you can fit will work though.
 
How is the reef octopus? Looks like the difference on the cr100 vs cr140 is how often I'll need to refill. And the 140 gas 2 versions... One with DC motor and one not. Is adjustability going to be necessary?
 
I run a geo 818. There are a few on ebay. Very simple and well put together reactors.
20250126_094132.jpg
 
I think the age of my reactor and the changes in how they are set up might be the problem and my confusion. Mine uses a little giant pump to pull in the water from the sump and to circulate.
I have found that I need to have some pressure on the in tube to keep the flow stable, and I am also using an older calcium reactor. I have a 1/4 tube that comes off of my return to create pressure.

The exit side has a Kamoer metering pump. When the CO2 comes on it adds pressure to the reactor chamber- this seems to be the source of flow changes if I don’t have pressure on the supply side?
 
I had the MTC mini -cal with a Kamoer doser and it worked great controlling the effluent.
I see no reason the bigger model would not be the same.
 
Sump in basement
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20241229-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20241229-WA0005.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 45

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new