Negative Space Aquascapes

RTC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. I'm new to R2R. Recently found a BRS video on creating a negative space aquascape. For me, it represents a new state of the art. The problem with what I call "a box of rocks" approach is that very few people have tanks large enough to recreate a scaled down version of an actual reef. It becomes then, a box of rocks, little to no open water for the fish and unappealing to the eye, at least my eye. Does anyone know of anyone I might hire to create a negative space aqua space for my 170g tank? I just don't have the time or the space to do it myself.

I think this could become a business model for the right, creative aquarist and there are lots of ways to go about it. One plan would be to create one for a particular size tank dimensions, catalog the materials expenses and then add on the hours charges. It's what's called a cost plus estimate or invoice. It would be an experiment or a test but I think there are a lot of people who love this approach to their aquascape and there are a lot of people who don't mind paying for it. Anyway, I have other ideas about it but I'm looking to see if I can find someone.

Thanks.

Cesteban721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E997CA47-EC11-4D05-A2EE-EDCC7827A8E1.jpeg

I went with aquatecture. Their product is called vidarock. The structures are ceramic and colored purple to give you the immediate coralline look

Upvote 0

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clint Eastwood.gif

Welcome to R2R by the way! Glad you are here.

You might also check with some LFS (local fish stores) in your area to see if they can help you. Also check with any tank maintenance companies close by.

Upvote 0

Teemingtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. I'm new to R2R. Recently found a BRS video on creating a negative space aquascape. For me, it represents a new state of the art. The problem with what I call "a box of rocks" approach is that very few people have tanks large enough to recreate a scaled down version of an actual reef. It becomes then, a box of rocks, little to no open water for the fish and unappealing to the eye, at least my eye. Does anyone know of anyone I might hire to create a negative space aqua space for my 170g tank? I just don't have the time or the space to do it myself.

I think this could become a business model for the right, creative aquarist and there are lots of ways to go about it. One plan would be to create one for a particular size tank dimensions, catalog the materials expenses and then add on the hours charges. It's what's called a cost plus estimate or invoice. It would be an experiment or a test but I think there are a lot of people who love this approach to their aquascape and there are a lot of people who don't mind paying for it. Anyway, I have other ideas about it but I'm looking to see if I can find someone.

Thanks.
Guy named Oliver Knott has made a killing on it (freshwater). Good luck!

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back