Neon Clove Polyps - Are they dead?

FreshCoastReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2022
Messages
157
Reaction score
317
Location
West Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought some Neon Clove Poyps last week. When they arrived two of the polyps were slightly extended. I did an acclimation and a dip. After placing in the tank they all retracted. I haven't seen them extend even once since placing in the tank. I was hoping with time they would make a change for the better, but now they've now got some tissue on the right side that seems to be melting away.

I'm pretty sure these are dead and I should pull them out of the tank, but I'm new at this and not sure how long I should hold out hope that they might turn the corner. Thoughts?

PXL_20220609_160128447.jpg
 
So I bought some Neon Clove Poyps last week. When they arrived two of the polyps were slightly extended. I did an acclimation and a dip. After placing in the tank they all retracted. I haven't seen them extend even once since placing in the tank. I was hoping with time they would make a change for the better, but now they've now got some tissue on the right side that seems to be melting away.

I'm pretty sure these are dead and I should pull them out of the tank, but I'm new at this and not sure how long I should hold out hope that they might turn the corner. Thoughts?

PXL_20220609_160128447.jpg
We need your parameters and husbandry routine to determine what may be the issue.
Quite commonly the tank they came from was mature, established and water parameters kept in line with dosing and nutrient export vs your new, semi sterile tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new