Neon green candy cane coral?

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,441
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved my candy cane to a spot with less corals around it, maybe a little less flow as well

It vrushed against rock when setting frag down and yhe neon green color rubbed off a spot

You can see in pic

does this happen or not happy coral?

C3DD8B5A-7AD0-4E2C-B85E-694A4F111C9A.jpeg
 
It happens. I took some our to frag and set them on a towel. That bright green came off on the towel but came back really quickly.
 
Yep, agreed that green rubbing off is not a sign of unhealthy candy cane. This is normal. Looks happy in that pic as well.
 
Should be fine. When I got a frag of candy cane coral, I went too far with dipping. Shouldn't have dipped it in RO water. It lost all of its neon color. Took over a month to recover.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new