Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this green gonipora today. It has been dipped and put in the tank for a couple hours now but it won’t seem to open up and I’m not sure. It had opened up just about a quarter inch before and then I moved it and moved it back to the original spot and it still hasn’t opened. All the other corals I have purchased today have opened up including the green toadstool leather. I currently have been running mainly all blue light to see if it would open up but it doesn’t seem to be. It is on the bottom of the tank and not sure. Please help thank you!

image.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some coral take longer. Give it 2 or 3 days before being concerned.

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you I moved it forward and will leave it there and see what will happen. Im also not running a skimmer just canister for now. Sump is still in the making. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. The gonipora has not opened but I do belive it is because of flow on the sand bed. I turned off the pumps for feeding and it started trying to expand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 39

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont fret just yet! gonis can hide for up to two weeks when newly added to a tank. As long as there is color on the skeleton it is not dead. My vote is to let it sit and wait a few days.

old_lady_4am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this green gonipora today. It has been dipped and put in the tank for a couple hours now but it won’t seem to open up and I’m not sure. It had opened up just about a quarter inch before and then I moved it and moved it back to the original spot and it still hasn’t opened. All the other corals I have purchased today have opened up including the green toadstool leather. I currently have been running mainly all blue light to see if it would open up but it doesn’t seem to be. It is on the bottom of the tank and not sure. Please help thank you!

image.jpg
3 of my 6 goni’s took a few days to open.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back