Which is more aggressive neon dotty back or six line wrasse

• Total voters

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I heard is do not buy six lines so I never have. I had a Neon Dotty back that kept killing my Cleaner Shrimps. Do not buy either one

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I heard is do not buy six lines so I never have. I had a Neon Dotty back that kept killing my Cleaner Shrimps. Do not buy either one
I never heard about six lines attitude until after I bought one. So far he's behaved but I only have one other fish in there.

Billmone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my second six-line (first one was harassed to death by my large female maroon clown) and I have a neon dottyback. Although I've heard horry stories about six-lines, mine have not been very aggressive. My most aggressive fish I've had have been my female maroon clown (male maroon was not as aggressive) and a sunrise dottyback. My sunrise dottyback seemed to come from the depths of Hell and Satan must have been glad that I was stuck with it. It was the most aggressive fish I ever had and when it finally passed, I'm embarrassed to say but I was so relieved. So from my experience, my dottybacks have terrorized my six-lines. I guess it depends not only on the type of fish, but also that fish's individual personality in that aquarium and it's tankmates.

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my second six-line (first one was harassed to death by my large female maroon clown) and I have a neon dottyback. Although I've heard horry stories about six-lines, mine have not been very aggressive. My most aggressive fish I've had have been my female maroon clown (male maroon was not as aggressive) and a sunrise dottyback. My sunrise dottyback seemed to come from the depths of Hell and Satan must have been glad that I was stuck with it. It was the most aggressive fish I ever had and when it finally passed, I'm embarrassed to say but I was so relieved. So from my experience, my dottybacks have terrorized my six-lines. I guess it depends not only on the type of fish, but also that fish's individual personality in that aquarium and it's tankmates.
When I first put my six line in my tank I have kind of damsel that terrorized it. So I banished the damsel to the sump for a couple weeks and when I put it back in the DT he became a model citizen and left the six line alone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
2 of 3 tanks with six lines and no issues. Theyre also protection for me for pests
I do love neon dottybacks- very striking under the right light

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back