Nepthea with brown spots??

Trenton0115

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
7
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got another Nepthea coral. This one seems to have a lot of brown spots on the base & tips. Is this a pest issue, lighting problem, or look normal?
IMG_1261.jpeg
 
Going to need a closer image. Try cropping the image.
 
Well it's not flatworms, so that's good. Are the tips with brown not expanding normally? Did you dip this coral? Did you aquire it on line?
 
Well it's not flatworms, so that's good. Are the tips with brown not expanding normally? Did you dip this coral? Did you aquire it on line?
That was my main worry, I appreciate it. Yes, it expands like normal and the spots become more noticeable. I just always notice the spots and make myself worry it’s something it shouldn’t be hahaha. I usually dip all my new corals in revive coral dip, is this sufficient or do you have other recommendations?? Yes though, online. Got it from one of the many LFS near me on a live auction.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new