Nepthia not doing well

drakebuffie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nepthia tree has been all shriveled up and not opening up like he always has. He has been in tank for a little over a month. I have zoas, GSP, a plating monti, hammer coral and some other mushrooms.....elephant ear shroom and a little one I dont know what it is. All are doing well except for this nepthia tree.

I dont have any way to test for paramteres right now. Will be buying a good electronic one in end of september.

Yesterday I noticed not only is it not opening up but looks like it is starting to lose a layer of "skin". Thinking he might be on his way out. I do weehly water changes but know my nitrates are still fairly high...as far as an api test can be trusted over 50 according to api. Last time I had api tests done on my water they were good according to a trusted LFS other than trates being high.

He has been shriveled for 2 weeks. Moved around tank and doesnt change anything.

I have finnex marine lights which are the same as the tank it came from.

nepthia.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nepthia tree has been all shriveled up and not opening up like he always has. He has been in tank for a little over a month. I have zoas, GSP, a plating monti, hammer coral and some other mushrooms.....elephant ear shroom and a little one I dont know what it is. All are doing well except for this nepthia tree.

I dont have any way to test for paramteres right now. Will be buying a good electronic one in end of september.

Yesterday I noticed not only is it not opening up but looks like it is starting to lose a layer of "skin". Thinking he might be on his way out. I do weehly water changes but know my nitrates are still fairly high...as far as an api test can be trusted over 50 according to api. Last time I had api tests done on my water they were good according to a trusted LFS other than trates being high.

He has been shriveled for 2 weeks. Moved around tank and doesnt change anything.

I have finnex marine lights which are the same as the tank it came from.

nepthia.jpg

Could be shedding… they close up to shed now and again.

Make sure it has good flow so it can effectively shed.

OP
OP
D

drakebuffie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also thinking about it I did add a carbon bag a few weeks ago but I wouldnt think that would cause me problems.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a sample to the LFS and get a test done.
If there is a problem and you wait a month you might be worried about more than just the nepthia…

OP
OP
D

drakebuffie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a sample to the LFS and get a test done.
If there is a problem and you wait a month you might be worried about more than just the nepthia…
All the LFS does is api testing. I will do that though.

OP
OP
D

drakebuffie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Tree is fine. Levels per api were fine and actually told me to watch as my trates might be getting a little low and dont want bacteria problems.

The tree is open and full like usual. They said it was probably just shedding before a growth spurt possibly.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back