Neptune Apex WXM - MP40 goes missing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^This is something to consider.

Neptune has recommended the use of ferrite cores around cables (nearest plugs/ports) for the symptom of [things disappearing].

I had a super repeatable case that happened with support on the line (two technicians in fact) and that is what they asked me to try first. After weeks of going back and forth (testing/recommendations/testing/etc) this recommendation solved the issue of modules and (specific) sensors going offline or missing altogether off and on.

Granted, my issue wasn't with CORs or with WXMs, but it might be something to try. Also, *nothing* in my setup had changed or moved so it was weird that I experienced such intermittent issues after a period of things working fine. The nature of interference is that it isn't always persistent or problematic.
Yea that what I felt. This wxm and mp40 been running a year without issues then all of a sudden it started to go missing.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're running Apex 2016 (newer vers) you can go into (under modules) click on your WXM and change frequency either 1 or 2
And what will this do? Is one of the frequency stronger then the other ? And should I just switch it to see if problem gets better ?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^This is something to consider.

Neptune has recommended the use of ferrite cores around cables (nearest plugs/ports) for the symptom of [things disappearing].

I had a super repeatable case that happened with support on the line (two technicians in fact) and that is what they asked me to try first. After weeks of going back and forth (testing/recommendations/testing/etc) this recommendation solved the issue of modules and (specific) sensors going offline or missing altogether off and on.

Granted, my issue wasn't with CORs or with WXMs, but it might be something to try. Also, *nothing* in my setup had changed or moved so it was weird that I experienced such intermittent issues after a period of things working fine. The nature of interference is that it isn't always persistent or problematic.
I’ll give it a look
Yea that what I felt. This wxm and mp40 been running a year without issues then all of a sudden it started to go missing.
I have 4 drivers literally 2’ from the WXM and nothing has really moved in 3yrs since I mounted them all there.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this possibly linked to an Apex OS update?

I noticed I had an OS update and a trident module update… as soon as I updated both softwares the WXM went MIA.

Not like shortly after, immediately after refreshing Fusion post update.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back