Neptune ATK-ATO Help

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Neptune ATO. I have it setup, but not connected to my Apex, yet. I have had nothing but trouble with it working correctly. So I was thinking maybe I set it up wrong. First, the water line dropped below the sensor, and the ATO didn't come on. When I got it to fill, it stopped before it reached the first sensor. I got it to continuing filling but it proceeded to go past the first sensor and set off the alarm. Now that I am slightly over the amount needed in my sump, the alarm continues to go off every few hours. I have now just unplugged it and will allow it to fill when I need to top it off again.

Any help with what I may have setup wrong?

Thanks

OP
OP
Glott3133

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very helpful information. I currently don't have an Apex. It's on it's way, so it may be the programming out of the box that may not be correct. Thanks

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure you have to have an apex to get all the fail safe features...
I have mine connected to an apex, so I can't comment on the standalone functionality.

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine hooked up independent of the Apex and it works fine. That said, I have noticed the sensor can be a little sensitive to condensation, salt, or other particles. Is it possible that water is splashing on it from somewhere? That could make the sensor think it is full earlier than it should. It would also explain the alarms that happen when it has been operating longer than norm if it was clear one time.

A;exr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how i have mine set. Although its also not perfect.
Fallback OFF (#This is the default state) Set OFF (#Is set to off unless any of the below happens) If Lo_Wtr OPEN Then ON (#if the low water sensor triggers it turns on the power to my 24VDC plug) If Hi_Wtr CLOSED Then OFF (#if the high water sensor triggers it turns off the power to my 24VDC plug) When On > 040:00 Then OFF (#If for any reason its on for 40 minutes it shuts off regardless of what the sensor says) Min Time 020:00 Then OFF (#Supposed to stay on for at least 20 minutes, but it does not) Defer 005:00 Then ON (#when water drops below the lower sensor it wont turn on unless in this state for 5 minutes) Defer 005:00 Then OFF (#When water reaches the lower sensor it wont turn off unless in this state for 5 minutes) If Output WaterChange = ON Then OFF (# It wont try to fill water if I'm doing a waterchange, waterchange is a virtual output I made)

This has been working good for me, although the 20 minute minimum does not seem to be working.
Maybe this can help to get you in the right direction.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glott3133

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do get my Apex in the mail, I will take advantage of programming that you guys provided. My problem is that this is a brand new, out of the box ATO and it is having these problem. Plus my sump is brand new, so there is no debris, or anything else that would cause this to be so sensitive.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I had all sorts of issues with the ATK. It is not a great design in my opinion. I removed the supply line from the float unit and let it hang alone over the sump independently. Not something that should be needed for reliability, but better than it not working.
I have a full Apex system and had the same issues you were having when the unit was all connected as one. It seems silly to have the water topping off the tank thru the float, incredibly prone to failure.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back