Neptune ATK, is it still bad?

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two years with the ATK - zero problems. Clean sensors every now and then, good to go. Also love love love my Duetto ATO..

torresj36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first ATO was an ATK. Both in stand alone and linked I had 5 documented problems I a year span. Even had Neptune link in to check if it was a programming issue. Every single issue was a hardware fault. This was 4 years ago. Threw it away in the trash, went with a Tunze and have not looked back since. Having said that, Neptune may have improved the ATK in the last 4 years and it may be a better into today than it was then but I still say Tunze.

hey_hey_heeyyyyyy!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATK sucks! Buggest point of sale Ive purchased for my tank. ALWAYS...and I mean ALWAYS goes into alarm mode. EVERY DAY. MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY. It is useless. I cannot leave my tank unattended for top off now that I have an ATK. Looking for alternatives and chuck this point of sale in the garbage.
yeah. it sucks. same experience here

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the alarms is when using the atk in standalone, mostly when turning off pumps to feed fish.

When plugged into apex you can set any limitations you want and when you go to feed mode the high level sensor don't cause any alarms.

My code for the atk

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sump_L OPEN Then ON
If Sump_H CLOSED Then OFF
If Res_Lo OPEN Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
Defer 000:15 Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF
Yeah that makes sense. Here’s another idea for standalone: buy a magnet mount and put the high sensor wherever you want it that doesn’t interfere with feeding. I could see the sensor proximity being an issue with ATK or Tunze, but Tunze does include the separate mount. Looks like aftermarket sensor mounts can be had for $11-15 from Etsy and other 3D printing folks. I’m not giving them a pass for failing to include it at the prices they charge, but it’s also true lots of things in this hobby require a little modification for different use cases. That by itself doesn’t mean the whole system is garbage though.

If people have had other issues or major failures I (and I’m sure the OP) would love to hear about them though before purchase/install.

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the ATK 1.5 yrs attached to Apex, had troubles with it from the start and still do. Changed sensors, constantly cleaning sensors, been on the forum, configured and reconfigured it and support emails...It is unreliable and I’m done.

Read this thread looking for alternatives...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back