Neptune atk issue

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hoping to pick everyone’s mind. I have a atk unit that I use to top off my tank with lime water. I believe it’s causing a film to form over the lower optical sensor and it’s causing the sensor to read closed all the time. When I go and whipe the sensor with a wet towel it kicks on. Has anyone had similar experiences with Kalk and optical sensors ?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hoping to pick everyone’s mind. I have a atk unit that I use to top off my tank with lime water. I believe it’s causing a film to form over the lower optical sensor and it’s causing the sensor to read closed all the time. When I go and whipe the sensor with a wet towel it kicks on. Has anyone had similar experiences with Kalk and optical sensors ?
Mine's still working like a champ. Do you have a light that might be shining/reflecting on it causing algae to grow?

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's still working like a champ. Do you have a light that might be shining/reflecting on it causing algae to grow?
Nope it’s in the sump compartment where there’s no light. I think it’s some sort of Kalk residue because it works for a day or so after I wipe it with me finger very strange. I’m going to refill my ato with plain RODI and see if the issue resolves itself

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back