Neptune atk issue

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
690
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hoping to pick everyone’s mind. I have a atk unit that I use to top off my tank with lime water. I believe it’s causing a film to form over the lower optical sensor and it’s causing the sensor to read closed all the time. When I go and whipe the sensor with a wet towel it kicks on. Has anyone had similar experiences with Kalk and optical sensors ?
 
hoping to pick everyone’s mind. I have a atk unit that I use to top off my tank with lime water. I believe it’s causing a film to form over the lower optical sensor and it’s causing the sensor to read closed all the time. When I go and whipe the sensor with a wet towel it kicks on. Has anyone had similar experiences with Kalk and optical sensors ?
Mine's still working like a champ. Do you have a light that might be shining/reflecting on it causing algae to grow?
 
Mine's still working like a champ. Do you have a light that might be shining/reflecting on it causing algae to grow?
Nope it’s in the sump compartment where there’s no light. I think it’s some sort of Kalk residue because it works for a day or so after I wipe it with me finger very strange. I’m going to refill my ato with plain RODI and see if the issue resolves itself
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new