Neptune Ato

6lilfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the ato kit for my apex. I am using an Apex Lite and did the update on the apex and the Ato. It’s seems to be not working correctly. I can get it to fill in the on position. In auto it seems to not fill I adjusted the float valve so it can fill up to the sensor. But when the water level drops it doesn’t refill

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the ato kit for my apex. I am using an Apex Lite and did the update on the apex and the Ato. It’s seems to be not working correctly. I can get it to fill in the on position. In auto it seems to not fill I adjusted the float valve so it can fill up to the sensor. But when the water level drops it doesn’t refill

Did you set up the task (programming) for the sensors so they know what to do in Auto mode?

OP
OP

6lilfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did I let it run and seems to be working fine after moving the float valve. Do I need the power cord and the aquabus cord or can I just run the aquabus

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power adapter can be plugged into a wall outlet or regular power strip.
That is how I have mine. I can control the pump through the FMM so there is no need for an outlet. The only reason may be to understand total tank power usage but for that you could put a strip on an EB8 outlet and plug all the accessories to that. I run three radion XR30 lights and have a three position power strip plugged into a single EB8 outlet so I know total lighting power.

OP
OP

6lilfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but no wall outlet that is free and not going to add a power strip just for one thing

OP
OP

6lilfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do have 2 spare EB8’s in a box. Not going to add something for 1 outlet I was really just wanting one less cord.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way around the cord, unfortunately. If you have an EB832, you can plug the PMUP into one of the 24V outlets in that, otherwise the FMM needs a power supply to power a PMUP or solenoid (sensors and the module itself will run off the aquabus)

If you have extra outlets on your EB8 then I’d just use one of those until you need them. There’s no real disadvantage to doing that other than ‘wasting’ an outlet.

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SleepyDoc, did not consider using the outlets on the EB832 to run the pump. It would eliminate one more wallwart. How much custom code would be required to get that to work?

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the looks of it i would only have to copy the code from the existing outlet on the fmm to the new outlet on the eb832.. right? Does the fmm need the 24vdc supply for any of the sensors or leak detectors i have plugged into it?

I may give this a try tonight or tommorow. Would be nice to elim8nate one more cord

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the looks of it i would only have to copy the code from the existing outlet on the fmm to the new outlet on the eb832.. right? Does the fmm need the 24vdc supply for any of the sensors or leak detectors i have plugged into it?

I may give this a try tonight or tommorow. Would be nice to elim8nate one more cord

Yes - you can use exactly the same code, just on the new outlet. The programming for mine is below {Comments are in braces}

Fallback OFF {Default state if the connection is lost}
Set OFF {Start with the outlet off}
If SumpLv OPEN Then ON {turn on if the lower sump sensor is uncovered}
If Sump_H CLOSED Then OFF {turn off if the upper sump sensor is covered}
If RODI_l OPEN Then OFF {turn off if the RODI reservoir sensor is uncovered}
If Leak_d CLOSED Then OFF {turn off if the leak detector is wet}
When On > 010:00 Then OFF {Turn off if it’s been on > 10 min}
Defer 000:10 Then ON {Delay turning on for 10 secs}
Defer 000:04 Then OFF {Delay turning off for 4 4 secs}
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF {Minimum OFF time of 30 min}

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back