Neptune DOS (Control intervals)?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I here is my settings on my DOS for CA.
Screenshot_20210131-091017_APEX Fusion.jpg

Screenshot_20210131-091719_APEX Fusion.jpg

can someone please tell me why my DOS is still dosing if my triddent tested my Ca at 490 and alk is at 8.70? Ca is Clearly with in range settings. And alk is a bit out. So should it not stop dosing if it's out of, or within range? I mean what other way can you "automatically adjust dose using trident measurments"
The last trident reading was done at 7:14 (according to its graphic) an the DOS dosed ALK at 7:19 and Ca at 7:24. To confuse me more I do not see a up or down in the dose amounts, they all are the same. An adjustment means a change, I see no change in the dose amounts. at the end of the day my tank gets dosed my set it and forget it number in equal dose amounts.. Thanks. #New TO APEX. LOL

I like this feature but not sure I want to use it yet. May just plug a number and let it ride until I understand these two screens purpose and function better.

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Trident will never stop the DOS from dosing. It only adjusts the amount up or down by the percentage you specify in the Limit, and only if the reading is within the Range specified. If it goes outside that range, the DOS reverts to the base amount from its schedule.

Read Neptune’s guide to Trident Controlled Dosing for a more detailed explanation:

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but I'm not sure this addresses my issue. It states---

The dosing volume will change up or down in order to maintain this desired value.

Range.001.jpeg

Select the Control Range​

Enter the control range for the desired parameter.
This is the range in which the Trident will have influence over the dosing volume. Outside the range the Trident will return to the “normal dosing amount.”

I see no influence over the dosing amounts / dosing volumes regardless if I'm in range or out of range.out of range should equal a larger dose, in range should yield a smaller dose. This is my point of confusion. Its not operating like they described. J guess I'm going to have to do my own graphic so I can see Trident test times an results, dosing volumes times and amounts. To see if the dose changes in anyway. If I'm out of range then the default dose amounts is used. That much I get.

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not going to see much an adjustment with a limit of 10%. In the the calcium example of 25 mL, if you are at 376 ppm, then you would only do an additional 10%, so 2.5 mL in a 24 hour period. At 400, you'll do an additional 1.25 mL.

Back