Neptune DOS for AWC

Mike Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve completed the programming for auto water change, but I can’t seem to get the lines primed. I got a little trickle out of the new water line, but nothing from the old water side. I’m well within all the specs; I’m not pushing any boundaries; however, im wondering if some ro line bulkheads are causing issues. I assumed that the bulkheads keep an air-tight seal; but maybe that’s a bad assumption. I’ll test that theory tomorrow: I have one bulkhead connecting the RO line to the new saltwater bin and another one connecting the RO line to the sump for draining the old water. The bulkheads are the only thing that would possibly cause a loss of the suction. I guess it is possible that the DOS is defective

Thoughts?

thanks

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always test and prime with short lines to make sure it’s functioning. I did that with both of mine (second hand purchases) and had 1 leaking head, right at the tube/nipple. If you just run a foot of line from 1 cup to another it may help you narrow it down.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two questions:

1. Did you connect the tubing according to Neptune's instructions for AWC?

2. Are you trying to prime the lines by manually pressing the priming buttons on the DOS?

If you answered Yes to both of those questions, then the problem is that the priming buttons will only run the DOS heads in the clockwise direction, but Neptune's instructions for how to connect the tubing requires the drain DOS pump to rotate counter-clockwise, so the priming button is useless.

If this explains your problem, then read my recommendation on altering Neptune's instructions by connecting the drain tubing reversed so that both DOS heads rotate clockwise for the AWC, allowing the priming buttons and the calibration process to run normally:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back